The program 'Children As Actors for Transforming Society' (CATS) has come to an end and each partner (I&C Switzerland, MEOW, Learning for Well-Being and I&C France) is now launching new initiatives fitting more their respective missions.
IofC France’s new forum « Child Rights in Action » will promote children-adults collaboration by nurturing the idea and the tools of 'DOING WITH' rather than 'doing for' the children.
The 2019 edition will take place in France (Relais du Bocage, Pontmain) from the 29th of July to the 2nd of August 2019. It will have for theme 'Children as Human Rights Defenders' in honor of the 30th anniversary of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Child Rights in Action inspires, equips and connects change-makers from all generations and from all over the world:
- An intercultural project: a rallying point for people to work towards a more inclusive society;
- Cross-generational work: an innovative approach essential to face the intergenerational conflict. We believe it is never too early to be inspired;
- Listening and honesty are at the core of the forum;
- Child Rights in Action is a transformative experience that boosts self-confidence, an essential basis for trust towards others;
- Promotes individual change and encourages initiatives, not only for adults but also for younger citizens, to bring these ideas back home and take focused action. Child Rights in Action helps to connect inner and outer work, with the notion of ‘Be the change you want to see’!